Every now and then I make some darn good food just from being experimental. Some of you may remember my salsa. Well, Steph’s Bruschetta is here! It’s great in the hot weather too since there’s no blaring heat involved!
- Slice of FRESH bread – my favorites are a Rosemary Sourdough or a Roasted Garlic Loaf from Whole Foods.
- Garllic Butter – my fave is Nonna Lena’s Garlic Butter
- 2 Thin Slices of a Fresh Vine Tomato
- Freshly Grated Cheeses – I use a mix of parmesan, romano, and asiago
- Fresh Basil – I get it from my herb garden outside and it’s SO GOOD! Seriously, if you use dried herbs you need to stop now because it just murders the flavor of your foods!
- Sea Salt
1. Toast your bread to a light-golden crisp in your toaster, then stick the delicious slice on a plate.
2. Immediately spead on the garlic butter.
3. Add the cheese mixes to taste.
4. Put on the two thinly sliced tomatoes (YUM!)
5. Sprinkle on sea salt to taste.
6. Add fresh basil to taste.
7. Eat and enjoy!
I’m considering that this could be made into some kind of sandwich…hmmm…we’ll see if I get so moved. But, for now I just love how light and flavorful it is!
Hmmm…I’ve made something similar to this before.